On April 14, 2016 the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) announced the draft version of the new ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Management Systems (ABMS) standard received a 91% vote of confidence.
The ABMS "is designed to help organizations implement effective measures to prevent and address bribery, and instill a culture of honesty, transparency and integrity."
The standard is intended to be used by small to large public, private, or voluntary sector companies. The ABMS standard includes a few basic principles such as:
- Adopting an anti-bribery policy
- Appointing a person to oversee anti-bribery compliance
- Risk assessments and due diligence on projects and business associates
- Implementing financial and commercial controls
- Instituting reporting and investigation procedures
The standard is expected to be published in late 2016.