Singapore Customs recently issued an advisory document that included basic import requirements, common issues of non-compliance, red flags, and a list of some Best Practices.
Some of the Best Practices listed for traders included:
- Request copies of the Customs permits taken up under your company name from your service provider
- Request itemized invoice/receipts from service providers/consolidators
- Report to Singapore Customs and/or relevant Competent Authorities on any discrepancy detected as appropriate
- Ensure that your service providers/consolidators are aware of the permit conditions and comply with them accordingly
- Ensure that the hauliers engaged comply with the requirement to produce the containers at the red lane for clearance, when directed to do so
- Singapore Customs
- Singapore Customs - "Advisory: Customs Requirements & Best Practices for Import of Goods"