On September 4, 2018 Singapore Customs announced they have modified their Strategic Goods Control List.(1) The changes, when they come into effect, will bring Singapore's strategic goods control list up to date with the 2017 Wassenaar Arrangement's Munitions List (2), and the 2017 European Union's List of Dual-Use Items.(3)
The amendments include new controls, removal of controls, and other minor editorial changes. Singapore Customs published a document with the changes noted in detail.(4)
The changes will become effective on November 1, 2018.
- (1) Singapore Customs: "Circular No: 08/2018 - Changes to the Strategic Goods Control List" - September 4, 2018
- (2) The Wassenaar Arrangement: "Export Controls for Conventional Arms and Dual-Use Goods and Technologies" - December 2017
- (3) European Commission: "2017 Update of the EU Control List of Dual-Use Items"
- (4) Singapore Customs: "Amendments to the Strategic Goods Control List"
- Singapore Customs: Home page