On March 9, 2016 the Census Bureau published a proposed rule that proposes new export reporting requirements. The new requirements are related to the implementation of the International Trade Data System.
A few of the proposed changes are listed below:
- Add two new data elements, "Original ITN" and a "Used electronics indicator"
- Clarify the country of ultimate destination to be reported with respect to shipments under BIS and State Department export licenses.
- Include the definition of the USPPI for consistency with the format for other data elements
- Clarify whose contact information should be provided in the AES for the USPPI
- Indicate that the USPPI or authorized agent must provide the proof of filing citation, post-departure filing citation, AES downtime citation, exemption or exclusion legend to the carrier
- Add language requiring the date of export and Internal Transaction Number (ITN) to be provided to the U.S. Principal Party in Interest (USPPI) upon request